A recent report by CIO Magazine entitled ‘State of the CIO’ revealed that 40% of all technology spending at the moment is focused on digital transformation. This should come as no surprise to those enterprise-level businesses who are working hard to outrun the many leaner startups that are threatening to take away their market share. Building a robust digital infrastructure is the best way to not only thrive in the present marketplace but also win in the future as well.
But what are the business processes and technologies that will drive a successful digital transformation?
Well, first things first, the most important part of any digital transformation is laying a strong data foundation by implementing new processes and technologies to help your business to achieve your operational objectives.
These processes and technologies will vary from business to business but will tend to be along the same lines, which include:
- AI / Machine Learning – AI tends to be used as a way of digitising time-consuming human tasks such as administration tasks and call centre support. It may also be used for more advanced functions such as engineering insight or generative design, for example. Machine learning is being deployed by companies to help them execute repeatable tasks such as data model construction and data preparation with precision.
- Automation – Being able to automate various business-related processes is the primary goal of digital transformation as it unlocks efficiencies for both companies and their customers. AI and Machine Learning are also coming into play with automation workflows through robotic process automation (RPA).
- Big Data and Analytics – Big data and analytics are providing solutions for companies who want to derive key insights from the 2.5 quintillion bytes of data produced every day, allowing them to develop data models that generate actionable analytics to enhance buyer targeting and generate more revenue.
- Cloud Computing – Migrating from on-premise hardware to a cloud-based infrastructure is critical for any business considering successful digital transformation, providing them with the flexibility to grow their business without any logistical or technical restrictions.
- Internet of Things (IoT) – The development of small internet-connected sensors now means that devices as diverse as cargo trucks and video game systems are now able to transmit data. When this data is combined with a cloud data warehouse and data management platform, it offers companies a whole new dimension of analysis and targeting
- Mobile – The stat that 53% of all online purchases are made using a mobile means that the customer experience is now the mobile experience and so all departments within a business must focus on mobile usage.
Business processes and technologies are the core components of successful digital transformation, and these components rely on a secure foundation of data.
If you are looking for a new role in data and analytics, or want to strengthen your data and analytics team, please don’t hesitate to call the experienced recruitment consultants at Agile Recruit.