Our client is an established consultancy renowned for their expertise in the Information Management sector, actively looking for a number of experienced DevOps Engineers who ideally are SC Cleared, or at least have the ability to be cleared in the future.
In this role you will be drawing on your strong skills in GNU/Linux, and strong working knowledge of configuration management tools such as Puppet or Chef (or other) together with experience of at least one scripting language, (preferably Python or Ruby), and ideally experience working with a major Cloud Platform at scale (Google Cloud platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), or Microsoft Azure).
The organisation is at the forefront of cloud technology and you will be using your skills for a variety of undertakings with customers, potentially at the pre-sales stage, assessing and understanding their technical requirements. You will be tasked with taking projects from the information gathering stages through initial concept and design to implementation, build and support. Exposure to a wide variety of technologies and software is a given and you will be expected to investigate the use of new technologies as they become available.
Please note. This role does work on a shift pattern 24/7 both 12 hour shifts days and nights. Ideally 8 till 8 with breaks but will accept candidates that have a preference to either days or nights or are restricted to do one but not the other but both are preferred.
- Understanding and converting customer requirements from initial engagement of a project to implementation
- Building infrastructure as code in a re-usable and repeatable manner allowing the team to streamline future projects
- Automation of application configuration and deployment using configuration management tools
- Utilise industry recognised open source tooling such as Terraform, Puppet, Packer, Vagrant, and Docker
- Assess new tooling as it becomes available and make recommendations on potential use within customer projects
- Creating automated testing scenarios for customer applications and deployments
- Building internal tooling as required
- Day to day support of existing customer infrastructure including problem analysis and resolution
- Assisting customers in understanding how Cloud Technology can help them grow and the benefits it offers
- Working with junior members of staff helping with their technical development whether it be through project pairing or via assistance with support
- Excellent knowledge of GNU/Linux
- Good experience working with Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services at scale
- Strong working knowledge of configuration management tools such as Puppet and Chef
- Good knowledge of at least one scripting language, preferably Python or Ruby
- An understanding of the TCP/IP stack
- A track record of building infrastructure as code with Terraform or AWS CloudFormation
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience working in high traffic web environments
- Experience with continuous integration and associated technologies
- Knowledge of container based technologies such as Kubernetes or Docker
These are urgent roles, if you are interested, please reply with a copy of your cv and we will arrange to discuss the role in more detail.