We are currently recruiting for a BI Developer to join our IT team to work either remotely, office based or a combination of the two. Are you looking for the Career of a Lifetime? There couldn’t be a better time to join our IT department at our Head Office in Letchworth. We are currently going through a strategic IT transformation to move to the cloud (Azure) and are rapidly adopting the latest concepts of BI (Power BI) and digital construction.
As a part of this we are undertaking an organisational, operational and service transformation. We are therefore recruiting for key new roles that are tasked with the important job of establishing new capabilities, using IT best practices.
We also aim to be world class in offering agile and flexible working practices. This offers you a great working environment and a genuine work-life balance.
We would welcome applications from people who are looking for an exciting challenge in IT transformation, who understand “what good looks like” and who enjoy a lively and fun place to work. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a talented and innovative IT team and take on a role in which you will be able directly implement change and shape the strategy and vision of the IT function in the years ahead.
We are looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Developer to join our busy in-house application services team. Although the team is Letchworth based, this role can also be done remotely. We are looking for somebody with full MS BI stack experience (SSIS / SSAS / SSRS). as well as experience with Power BI.
The key responsibilities / objectives of a Business Intelligence Developer will include: –
- To integrate fully into a project team and work with project stakeholders on gathering BI requirements to deliver high quality and accurate analysis to our business
- Build on our existing data platform to integrate new requirements and scale out the data platform following best practice
- To offer an holistic view of data across the business estate and give guidance to improve data visibility and quality
- To understand and offer improvements to application and reporting database structure when required
- Structure data models to support the analysis required by the business
- To have experience in and to understand BI products, methods and processes (preference for Power BI and SSRS or Business Objects, but not essential)
- Build and maintain good collaborative working-relationships with internal and external project stakeholders
- Organise and manage own workload effectively to meet all project timescales and managers expectations
- Collaborate with the Digital Business Partner in identifying areas for improvement and maintain a good knowledge of emerging best practices in the field of Business Intelligence
- Carry out all assignments and projects in a manner that adheres to and complies to application services processes
Proven experience of:
- Microsoft analytics and BI technologies across Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lakes, Databricks, Azure Synapse and Power BI
- Design and development of data modelling and data warehouses (Tabular data models)
- Design of relational database schema.
- Use of MS SQL database technologies.
- Using Azure Devops in a collaborative project delivery environment utilising methodologies such as Agile (scrum).
- SQL and T-SQL development experience
- Reading and accurately interpreting technical specifications and plans.
- Possessing a good range of general IT knowledge
- Direct experience of the software development lifecycle.
- Efficient and sustainable use of all project resources.
- Working within a matrix management structure.
- Supply Chain Management
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Managing conflicting priorities between stakeholders
- Proactively liaising with staff in non Technical manner.
- Building strong internal and external relationships.
Qualifications and Membership
- Degree qualified in Computing or related discipline or equivalent professional experience
- ISEB Testing Techniques
- ITIL Foundation
- Prince 2 Foundation
Personal qualities: –
- Genuine & friendly
- Innovative & keen to improve
- Responsive to customer needs