|Location: London, United Kingdom|
|Posted: 7 days ago|
|Contract type: Permanent|
|Industry: Business Intelligence Jobs & Data Visualisation Jobs|
|Contact name: Daryl Riley|
Customer Data Analyst
Agile Recruit are partnered with a very well-known FTSE listed company to secure a Customer Data Analyst on a permanent basis.
The Customer Data Analyst will deliver data analysis tasks for various initiatives such as data quality management, data standardisation, data modelling, data profiling and analysis, maintenance of data dictionaries and metadata management. Reporting into the Head of Data Governance and working with data and technology experts across Customer Data Services you’ll ensure that the new and existing data is aligned to technical and business needs and our governance standards.
You will also be responsible for identifying, investigating and helping to resolve data issues at source with Group and Source Market IT teams.
You will be responsible for the successful integration of relevant data into selected Group platforms for test purposes – and the creation of test data where necessary.
Data quality analysis
· Deliver data analysis reports and presentations (using industry profiling tools) to demonstrate to business and IT teams issues or concerns with customer data quality
· Recommend improvements to data quality, either through technology solutions, improved processes or other continuous improvement opportunities
· Work with business data teams to document business data requirements, e.g. data standard, data quality thresholds and data dictionary expectations
· Develop a test approach and test plan for data initiatives, i.e. data quality management, data standardisation, data profiling and analysis
· Profile new data feeds and, alongside business data teams, specify and measure against the standards and quality expectations
· Work with project teams to design a robust and compliant set of test data for use in UAT
· Root-cause analysis for data quality issues and driving activities such as changes to business rules, business process and system changes) to resolve issues in data integration projects, MDM implementation and to meet data quality goals.
What we are looking for:
· Strong technical & business understanding of complex data driven solutions, ideally in a marketing or ecommerce context
· Minimum of intermediate SQL (or equivalent) skills to aid data manipulation
· Minimum of intermediate skills in industry standard data profiling and analysis tools including, but not limited to, Experian Pandora, Trillium, SAS Data Flux, SAP Information Steward, Talend, Alteryx + big data technologies such as the AWS suite.
· Strong track record of working with customer data and developing business rules for data quality validation, master data management (MDM), etc
· At least a basic track record of working as, or alongside, a data steward in a mature data governance framework
· Strong track record of delivering data quality assessments in large and complex projects and identifying the key business benefits and concerns in relation to customer data ‘continuous improvement’
· Comfortable working in a large pan European business, where some overseas travel will be required as well as working from European locations
· Excellent communication (verbal, written and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
· Fluent in English: ability in other languages desirable but not essential (German, Swedish & Dutch)
· Track record of successfully using requirements elicitation and communication techniques including workshop facilitation, documentation analysis, interviewing and brainstorming
· Excellent analytical and commercial reasoning & influencing skills with senior stakeholders
· Able to work with ambiguity and work autonomously
· Strong problem solving skills
· Strong experience in working in a traditional waterfall or Agile project delivery model