As Data Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining, improving, cleaning, and manipulating data in operational and analytical databases as well as assisting in building the Azure data warehouse.
PRIMARY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
As Data Engineer some of your key duties will include:
- Designing, building, testing, and maintaining data pipelines to connect operational systems, data for analytics and BI systems.
- Delivering services that are automated, reliable and secure
- Ensuring that data is secured across different clients and in line with legislation
- Monitoring database and data pipeline performance and make recommendations when appropriate (query and data flow optimisation, index creation and maintenance)
- Liaising with all departments and involvement in projects for future customer requirements and implementations
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
You’ll demonstrate to us that you have:
- Degree or qualification/experience obtained in the field of Computer Science, IT, engineering, Maths, Physics or equivalent.
- Microsoft Certified Azure Data Engineer Associate desirable.
- Experience in designing, building, and optimising data ingestion/ETL pipelines suitable for on-prem and Cloud-based architectures.
- Experience with Azure technologies: Data Factory v1 & v2, Databricks, Data Lake, Azure Synapse Analytics, Analysis Services, Stream Analytics, PolyBase, and u-SQLData warehousing, Kimball’s methodology, in particular.
- Detailed understanding structured database systems, including MS SQL Server (essential) and MySQL (desirable)
- Advanced knowledge of SQL queries, stored procedures and triggers. Ability to tune and optimise query performance, recommend indexes.