Data Governance Specialist
A role within Data Services acting as the Data Governance point of contact for specific Data Domains to support them in meeting their obligations under the Data Management Policy and to support them in maturing their Data Management capability.
Plays a key role in building and maintaining the Data ownership model and the associated policies, frameworks and standards ensuring alignment where relevant to Group governance
Provides a cross group interface to the other teams and services within Data Services.
Acts as a subject matter expert for the Data Governance capability providing cross group guidance on all sub-capabilities to improve Data Management.
Informing the overall Data Strategy ensuring alignment to the overall Business Strategy
May deputise for the Data Governance & Strategy Team Manager in their absence
- Contributes to the maintenance of an effective Data management framework in which Data Domains mature their data management capability
- Contributes to deliverable to mature the Data Governance capability
- Contributes to deliverable to meet Data Services Audit points
- Contributes to Committee submissions and regulatory responses
- Identification of gaps and issues with existing Data Governance documentation and actions improvements
- Liaison with Group CDO to ensure alignment of Data Related Policies and Standards
- Proactively identifies, assess, manages and reports risks taking action where appropriate in order to re mediate or escalate potential issues.
- Provision of MI to illustrate level of compliance with Data Management Policy
- Review of external regulatory environment and evolving industry standards to see how they can be adapted to improve Data Governance framework
- Solid practical experience in Data Governance and Data Management
- Extensive experience in governance and control frameworks.
- Experience in shaping Data Governance related Policies, Frameworks, Standards
- Experience in developing relationships with Data Stewards/Business Areas to support their Data Management activities
- Knowledge of external bodies, frameworks, models in support of Data Governance
- Ability to explain complex/technical concepts to the business
- Ability to articulate the link between data issues and the associated Business risk
- Ability to contribute to the overall Data Strategy