We are recruiting data scientists within the field of Building Information Modelling (BIM), Built asset data, Internet of Things (IoT), Sensor Data, and Geospatial (GEO) data.
We are seeking applicants with an understanding of the particular issues associated with BIM, GEO and IoT data management – its collection, management, linking and analysis.
Current experience in BIM structured data is not essential, but candidates should have experience of related areas.
Successful candidates will enable us to further our engagement with the emerging linked data and semantic web technologies to understand and enable new forms of data linking and analysis. Equally we are interested in practical data interfaces for new smart city infrastructure.
We are looking for inquisitive individuals with a real desire to learn and bring about positive changes to organisations operating within the built Environment.
You must have a talent for discovering hidden insights from multiple complex data sources and communicating findings persuasively to influence the way our clients approach business challenges.
- The Data Scientist will be responsible for helping our clients understand their data and realise their business objectives through:
- Design and development of asset data dictionaries and specifications.
- Providing data analysis to satisfy internal and client needs – to provide periodic updates and present results (in charts, graphs, tables, designing and developing relational databases for collecting data)
- Owning the day to day technical solution implementation for data assignments
- Analysis of client needs and understand the problem to be solved
- Translating high-level requests, problems, and goals into specific analysis action plans
- Developing business cases, and planning and coordinating projects
- Exploring and examining data from multiple disparate sources to draw out insights in order to provide a competitive advantage or address business issues
- Designing and implementing processes and standards for layouts, data input, data structure, usage and modelling
- Presenting research conclusion using appropriate formats for the target audience
- Continually evaluating and staying up to date with Data Science developments
- Machine Learning
- Data Visualization
- Data Intuition
- Proficient in the use of excel (equations and macros)
- Report writing
- Understanding of data, i.e. schemas, databases, APIs etc.
Job Skills & Knowledge (essential)
- Applicants should demonstrate a solid foundation typically in computer science and applications, modelling, statistics, analytics and mathematics and provide evidence of the following:
- At least 5 years’ experience of information modelling and design and development of Databases, Data Warehouses and Multidimensional Databases
- Skills and experience in statistical analysis and data mining, data integration, data mapping to identify patterns and trends and solve business problems
- In-depth technical knowledge and experience in one or more areas: BIM, GEO, APIs, mobile and web applications, IFC data, COBie data
- Able to address issues of Data Migration (Validation, Clean-up and Mapping), and understand the importance of Data Dictionaries
- Good written and oral communication skills, to present findings in an accessible way
- Experience collaborating with and influencing business and technical stakeholders
- Audits – Manage system compliance and provide compliance reports – Undertake regular compliance audits
- Reporting – Provide ad-hoc reports and information on system usage, compliance and assist with ad-hoc requests relating to user activity and information management.
Job Skills & Knowledge (desirable)
- Knowledge of digital technology and how it can add value and delivery efficiencies to existing processes and practices
- Good knowledge of smart cities and sustainable communities ISO37106
- Good knowledge of digital engineering approaches BS1192 and PAS 1192 suite of documents along with ISO19650
MSc level in a related field (minimum of BSc in a related field)
Member of or working towards full membership of a relevant professional institution