Database Developer – Azure Cloud
As an Azure Database Developer you will be responsible for monitoring, maintaining, optimising, and improving SQL databases whether on-prem, at the data centre or in Azure. You will also be designing new Azure databases for our operational data stores and coordinate data migration.
PRIMARY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
As an Azure Database Developer some of your key duties will include:
Manage, administer, and secure SQL Server databases on-premise, at our data centre, and in Azure.
Ensure database performance and make recommendations with regards scaling (up vs. out vs. db sharding).
Implement high availability and disaster recovery with Azure SQL Database
Deliver data solutions in accordance with agreed organisational standards that ensure services are resilient, scalable and future-proof.
Provide technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
You’ll demonstrate to us that you have:
- Degree or qualification/experience obtained in the field of Computer Science, IT, Maths, Statistics or equivalent.
- Detailed understanding of designing, building, maintaining, and optimising structured database systems, including MS SQL Server (essential) and MySQL (desirable).
- Experience using Azure technologies: Data Factory v1 & v2, Data Lake, Azure Synapse Analytics, Stream Analytics, PolyBase, and u-SQL
- Advanced knowledge of SQL queries, stored procedures and triggers. Ability to tune and optimise query performance, recommend indexes
- Knowledge of PowerShell, ADO.Net, REST API, OData