Dev Ops Consultant, Docker, Kubernetes, St Albans, Herts.
Out client is a market leader in Data manipulation, that turn ‘big data’ into ‘smart data’. The framework is built on cutting-edge technologies that require talented and passionate DevOps Engineers to drive forwards with innovative ideas. The company has a presence in the UK, South Africa, US, and Europe.
Our client is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineers to take ownership of the internal and client facing DevOps area for the company including management of releases and automation.
You will need to pro-actively maintain and improve the DevOps area. This role has the possibility to develop into a senior DevOps Engineer/Manager role dependent on performance; it is the perfect role for an engineer looking to take on more ownership of the DevOps processes and to be part of bleeding-edge scale-up.
You will work as part of a wider team alongside Developers, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance and Client Liaison team members.
- Advanced Linux experience (RHEL/Centos and Debian) including networking and security
- Bash scripting experience
- Virtualization experience (VirtualBox, HyperV)
- Ansible experience including Jinja templating
- CI /CD experience (Bamboo, Jenkins, Travis, GitLab, Azure DevOps or TeamCity)
- Git experience (branching, merging, rebasing)
- Docker and Docker Compose experience
- Kubernetes experience
- Experience of highly clustered solutions/environments.
Technical Nice to have:
- SQL experience (MSSQL, MySQL, MariaDB etc.)
- Additional provisioning experience (Chef/Puppet)
- ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana) experience
- EXCELLENT communication skills
- Operation mindset/background
- Autonomous/Proactive problem solving
- Client facing
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to generate innovative solutions / improvements
This is an urgent opportunity, if you are interested in hearing more, please drop me a copy of your cv along with an indication of your availability and salary expectations and I will forward you the job spec by return.