Software Developer in Test, Java, Cucumber, Selenium, Agile, Jira, Remote working.
In this role, you will be testing against a bespoke Java application (with additional end-to-end considerations), so demonstrating technical capability by using code examples is recommended as it will streamline the interview process. If you wish to provide this, please place a link to your code repository in your CV (ideally Github/Bitbucket public repositories).
Working within a small Agile team, you will work closely with Developers and Business Analysts to:
• Take part in all Agile ceremonies, highlighting testing considerations, risks, and potential blockers.
• Evaluate new features to define adequate test coverage.
• Define and execute manual test cases against each part of the system.
• Automate test cases using the existing test harness.
• Review existing test suites with the aim of incremental improvement.
• Drive a ‘Quality-First’ team culture.
• Experience creating or extending automation frameworks using Java / Maven / Junit / Cucumber-JVM / Selenium Webdriver.
• Experience of using development design patterns within test automation (more than just Page Object / Page Factory frameworks designs).
• An understanding of core REST API testing concepts such as HTTP methods, headers, and status/response codes.
• Ability to research and define multiple solutions to problems independently.
• Ability to ‘hit the ground running’ and begin contributing to the development process within days/weeks.
• Experience working within an Agile team.
• Experience using Jira and Confluence.
• Experience writing test suites, cases, and steps.
• Experience analysing existing systems and outlining ideal test coverage.
• Experience of performing exploratory testing on complex systems.
• ISTQB Foundation.
• An eye for detail.
Nice to have:
• Experience of setting up, configuring, or simply understanding of how DevOps tools/technologies (E.g. Jenkins, Azure, Travis CI, etc) are used in an Agile DevOps team.
• Experience of Security testing and applying security considerations to new features.
• Experience of Performance testing (ideally using JMeter).
• Experience of Accessibility testing (ideally using SortSite)
• Experience of Compatibility testing (Cross-browser testing using Saucelabs/Browserstack)