Agile Recruit are partnered with a global marketing company to appoint a Finance Business Intelligence Developer on a permanent basis.
Our client is looking for an experienced Finance BI Developer to utilise data from multiple internal & external solutions to develop complex reports in BOARD BI Software which will offer insightful management information across the business. Majority of the data will be coming from Data Warehouse, Board cubes, in-house Order Management Solution, SRM and e-Invoicing solutions.
The Finance BI Developer will be responsible for all aspects of Data Warehouse maintenance and Board maintenance and development.
There are global users of the reporting solution, ranging from account teams to executive management. The role involves collaborative work with various stakeholders across the business to define and develop standard reports and dashboards that deliver real-time information to support the business needs for data presentation and visualization.
- Design and maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models to support new and existing Data Warehouse projects;
- Actively engaging in Business Intelligence deliveries from requirements gathering, through to changing and/or extending the Operational Data Store, Data Warehouse (Kimball) and Data Marts
- Identify report data requirements and create comprehensive technical design specifications;
- Build and maintain Data Mart structures that will be used by BOARD;
- Write procedures within BOARD to populate cubes and produce reports;
- Design and develop high quality, high performing financial reports within BOARD;
- Develop and maintain complex reports that include sub-reports and drill down capabilities;
- Validate, optimize, modify and troubleshoot existing reports;
- Provide performance tuning on existing reports to enhance end user experience;
- Identify any shortcomings or system errors and make recommendations for improvement;
- Gather, inspect, clean, transform and model data with the goal of discovering useful information, suggesting conclusions, and supporting decision-making;
- Manage and maintain current SSRS reporting environment until complete migration to BOARD;
- Proactively identify and assess risk;
- Provide accurate estimates for development timelines;
- Produce and maintain detailed solution documentation;
- Produce Ad-hoc reports when requested;
- Deliver testing, maintain test scenarios, user training and user acceptance testing;
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 4 years BI development, writing complex SQL reports and extensive knowledge with SSRS.
You will also have excellent experience with Database Modelling and Design, Data Warehouse, OLTP and OLAP experience.
Working to best practise procedures, understanding the correct process from development through to go live is imperative in this role.