We are currently recruiting for a Junior BI Developer to join their IT team to work either remotely, office based or a combination of the two. Are you looking for the Career of a Lifetime? There couldn’t be a better time to join our IT department at our Head Office in Letchworth. We are currently going through a strategic IT transformation to move to the cloud (Azure) and are rapidly adopting the latest concepts of BI (Power BI) and digital construction.
As a part of this we are undertaking an organisational, operational and service transformation. We are therefore recruiting for key new roles that are tasked with the important job of establishing new capabilities, using IT best practices.
We also aim to be world class in offering agile and flexible working practices. This offers you a great working environment and a genuine work-life balance.
We would welcome applications from people who are looking for an exciting challenge in IT transformation, who understand “what good looks like” and who enjoy a lively and fun place to work. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a talented and innovative IT team and take on a role in which you will be able directly implement change and shape the strategy and vision of the IT function in the years ahead.
We are looking for a Junior Business Intelligence Developer on fixed term contract basis, who will be a proactive member of the Application Services team and will assist in the production of high quality, systematic, and accurate products and data services to meet both the demands for new or changed Application systems and services.
The Junior Business Intelligence Developer will contribute and participate in the Design, Coding, Testing, Defect Resolution and Deployment activities in support of a Project. This role will contribute to the development, optimisation and adherence to the Business Intelligence processes, toolsets and procedures.
This will involve: –
- Collaborating with the Digital Business Partner and BI Principal to enhance your BI knowledge and data layer for the DWH whilst maintaining a good knowledge of emerging best practices in the field of Business Intelligence.
- Ensuring that all requirements are tested prior to transitioning into live environment.
- Gaining skills in SQL to maintain database views, tables and data integrations in support of reporting requirements.
- Resolving reporting issues and ensuring all reports that are delivered are accurate and to a high quality.
- Gaining knowledge of BI products deployed by the business including Power BI.
- Gaining skills to understand the Data Warehouse, Integrations, Transformations and the full ETL process.
- Organising and managing own workload effectively to meet all project timescales and manager’s expectations.
- Building and maintaining good collaborative working-relationships with internal and external project stakeholders.
- Actively contributing to IS projects as required.
Proven experience of:
- Desire to expand on BI knowledge to include SSRS/SSIS/SSAS
- Understand concepts of relational database theory
- Understand concepts of Data Warehousing
- Understanding of SQL server Management Studio
- Understanding business documentation
- Reading and accurately interpreting technical specifications and plans.
- Possessing a good range of general IT knowledge
- Direct experience of the software development lifecycle.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Managing conflicting priorities between stakeholders
- Proactively liaising with staff in non-technical manner.
- Building strong internal and external relationships.
- Degree qualified in Computing or related discipline or relevant work based experience
- ITIL Foundation
- Prince 2 Foundation
- ISEB Testing Techniques
Personal qualities: –
- Genuine & friendly
- Innovative & keen to improve
- Responsive to customer needs