My client is a key player within data management and provide consultancy services to enterprise size clients, transforming their business through data. They operate across several sectors including Banking, Public, Energy and Retail and more to provide them with business innovation and profitability from their data.
They are currently seeking a senior level Account Manager to join the sales team. The role will be cross industry selling the full suite of professional IT services and market offerings. Accounts will typically be oriented geographically to the North of England with one the goals to be to grow the client base in Scotland.
This role will provide the opportunity to work closely with clients on detailing. Ideally you will have at least 5 years experience in a sales role with knowledge of information management such as Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Analytics, Master Data, Big Data
- Create and execute a territory plan to achieve targets
- Build and manage a Sales pipeline
- Creation of strategic account plans
- Maintain and update CRM – with information from the sales cycle and intelligence gathered
- Ensure efficient use of software and personnel resources throughout every opportunity
- Nurture existing and previous clients
- Support Marketing with ideas for campaigns and provide as much market intelligence as possible to ensure successful telephone campaigns
- Become a sector specialist by digesting industry news, industry competition and industry specific offerings
- Travel to opportunities and customer sites
- Minimum 5 years of experience selling consulting services
- Demonstrated consecutive quarterly and yearly quota achievement in complex selling environments utilizing a solution selling model.
- Demonstrable experience of independently leading strategic sales engagements and managing the end-to-end sales lifecycle to successful closure and transition to delivery
- Deep understanding of the processes of complex service and software sales
- Proven expertise in typical transaction processes of software vendors and/or contractual expertise in a broad range of services offerings and engagement styles
- Demonstrable experience of partner vendor collaboration leading to standalone product sales
- Characteristically a self-starter, typically self-sufficient while also collaborative and with strong solutioning, planning and management capabilities.
The role will be based in Glasgow but travel across Scotland and the North of England is required depending on client needs.