Our client is looking for an experienced senior BI consultant with capability in development, modelling and architecture to join their team. Driven primarily by a growth in business in the North of England this UK based consulting firm are looking for a bright individual with strong capability in certain technologies but the capability and passion to learn and develop into new areas. The company is founded on a passion for data and the vision is to become the world’s leading delivery focused consultancy for the digital age.
For this position you'll need skills & capabilities with one or more commercial off the shelf BI products with some experience with Cognos essential. Strong written and verbal communication to bridge both technical and business user concepts are a must with exceptional client focus and stakeholder management skills.
Desirable Skills & Capabilities include:
- Experience of Cognos is essential
- Experience of Power BI
- Experience of BI delivery in the manufacturing and/or the defence industry
- Experience of data integration and / or data warehousing
- Experience of cloud platforms – ideally Azure or AWS
- Line management experience
- Consulting or systems integration experience
- Understanding of Data Modelling Concepts
- Understand and analyse BI requirements and their business rationale.
- Design and Deliver BI solutions using one or more commercial off the shelf BI application.
- Understand software delivery lifecycles and apply them to BI projects – ideally the Agile methodology.
- Assist in the user adoption activities for the BI solution including coaching end users in tool usage and helping promote self-service BI.
- Manage all key governance activities including progress reporting, contribution to issue and risk management, timely completion of time sheets and expenses.
- Undertake training aligned to the BI & Visualisation career path and your growth aspirations
- Contribute to community development through writing case studies and supporting in the creation of new services and offerings.
- Willingness and aptitude to learn new technologies.
- Line manage one or more graduate analyst
The business looks to support and nurture your career progression either within or across their core areas to ensure you can reach your full potential. This includes:
- Extensive training on the latest technologies in the cloud and data space.
- Engagement with and enablement by their technology and strategy partners.
- The technologies, patterns, and methodologies supporting Data 3.0.
- Consultancy skills behaviours and soft skills training.
- Networking opportunities – events in the technology space.
- A challenging work place that encourages your growth and recognises your success
Beside the opportunity to develop your passion for data and consulting career they also offer:
- A comprehensive reward package consisting of pay, pension, private healthcare and a range of benefits, holiday allowance, expense allowance and a daily utilisation bonus.
- Regular socials and get togethers (both physical and virtual) so you can meet with enthusiastic, driven and passionate employees.
- Guided support on your chosen career path aligned to our go to market strategy, communities and partners.
- Defined career paths and progression plans to enable you to own your career.