|Location: London, United Kingdom|
|Posted: 7 days ago|
|Contract type: Permanent|
|Industry: Business Intelligence Jobs & Data Visualisation Jobs|
|Contact name: Daryl Riley|
Senior Data Modeller
Agile Recruit are partnered with a very well-known FTSE listed company to secure a Senior Data Modeller on a permanent basis.
The Senior Data Modeller will be responsible for the development, maintenance and evolution of the core logical data models which underpin the Customer Domain within the company. A key part of the role is to understand and build on existing models and approaches to produce our ‘data standards’, socialise this with our Source Markets and business teams, and put in place and lead a suitable governance process for future change.
Reporting into the Head of Data Governance and working with data and technology experts across Customer Data Services you’ll ensure the data models support our business capabilities across CRM, Customer Service, Analytics, Customer Account and our mobile app. You will design and develop processes that support the logical data models which support our data standards: data attribute standards, data quality standards, data dictionaries and other meta-data needed to inform both development team and business users.
You will be the gatekeeper for change and support the business teams to manage enhancements to the data models in an agile but governed way.
You will then work with development teams to ensure the standards are adhered to as the logical models are physicalized, approve the physical designs and ensure the logical and physical relationships are maintained and synced.
Data quality analysis
· Deliver data analysis reports and presentations (using industry profiling tools) to demonstrate to business and IT teams issues or concerns with customer data quality
· Recommend improvements to data quality, either through technology solutions, improved processes or other continuous improvement opportunities
· Work with business data teams to document business data requirements, e.g. data standard, data quality thresholds and data dictionary expectations
What we are looking for
· Strong technical & business understanding of complex data driven solutions, ideally in a marketing or ecommerce context
· Minimum of intermediate SQL (or equivalent) skills to aid data manipulation
· Minimum of intermediate skills in industry standard data profiling and analysis tools including, but not limited to, Experian Pandora, Trillium, SAS Data Flux, SAP Information Steward, Talend, Alteryx + big data technologies such as the AWS suite.
· Strong track record of working with customer data and developing business rules for data quality validation, master data management (MDM), etc
· At least a basic track record of working as, or alongside, a data steward in a mature data governance framework
· Strong track record of delivering data quality assessments in large and complex projects and identifying the key business benefits and concerns in relation to customer data ‘continuous improvement’
· Comfortable working in a large pan European business, where some overseas travel will be required as well as working from European locations
· Excellent communication (verbal, written and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
· Fluent in English: ability in other languages desirable but not essential (German, Swedish & Dutch)
· Track record of successfully using requirements elicitation and communication techniques including workshop facilitation, documentation analysis, interviewing and brainstorming
· Excellent analytical and commercial reasoning & influencing skills with senior stakeholders