As the Senior Azure Infrastructure Architect you will lead a team and plan, analyse, design, build, test and deploy enterprise Microsoft technology infrastructures in the Azure Public Cloud using PaaS and IaaS services. Your projects will include the analysis, design, development, implementation, and continued evolution of modern software-defined infrastructure, software, and technology solutions on the Azure platform.
Acting as a senior architect across projects, you will be leading, coordinating and closely working with a team of Azure architects and engineers to best handle the projects. As the leader of your team you must be able to efficiently delegate, support, coach and monitor your team whilst keeping them motivated and on target. Comfortable acting as a the solo architect/engineer on small engagements, as with the larger roles you are able to:
- Build and Architect Microsoft Azure cloud solutions that are Innovative, Frictionless, Simple, and Secure.
- Understand and provide horizontal solutions around Azure cloud by developing reference architecture to achieve optimal results.
- Serve as a key contributor during Proof of Concepts (POCs), Proof of Technology(POTs) and Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Be able to architect and provision on-premise solutions in the cloud (such as Semarchy xDM, Informatica EDC), in an IaaS model
- Work closely with engineers to ensure current architecture and design will work in the Azure cloud space.
- Document and present architecture reviews to security teams.
- Work closely with teams developing Azure Cloud security standard controls to align to company security practices.
- Serve as a Microsoft Azure Cloud subject matter expert in vetting design and security of new Azure capabilities that meet customer needs.
- Stay connected with new Microsoft Azure capabilities which benefits the cloud transformation of the organization.
- The ability to clearly communicate new capabilities to key senior stakeholders, to fully understand key benefits.
- Comfort engaging in deeply technical efforts while keeping a strategic view and staying focus in the goals.
- Be an Azure and cloud evangelist for the company, advising internally on the latest trends and where the stack is going.
Relevant certification or commitment to obtain this within the first 6 months of joining and significant depth of technical experience in a number of the key Azure Infrastructure services:
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Hybrid Cloud/Data Center for enterprise level clients
- Azure PaaS including Azure DevOps and IoT
- Knowledge of the Private Cloud and Hybrid cloud configurations, patterns and practices
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory and Identity Management
- Microsoft Azure Virtual Networks, VPN, ExpressRoute, Traffic Manager, Load Balancer, etc.
- Azure Storage, Site Recovery, Azure Backup, etc.
- Microsoft Systems Management components such as Operations Manager, Service Manager, Orchestrator, Configuration Manager, and Intune
- Working knowledge of scripting and automation technologies, PowerShell and Orchestrator runbook development
- Enterprise Mobility (Azure AD, Rights Management, Intune)
- Ability to interpret faults and correlate events for problem determination within a varied and complex systems environment
- Experience using diagnostic, monitoring, problem and change management tools
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional customer focus skills
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Comfortable using Terraform and/or ARM
Strong and demonstratable experience in a range of data projects utilising the platform and wider industry tools.
- Working knowledge of supporting IT infrastructure technologies and standards including software & hardware life cycle, system configuration policies, security, hardening, HA, DR etc.
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities in addition to technical depth
3+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of cloud applications
- Experience guiding, developing and leading teams
- A strategic thinker, you move between diverse tasks with cooperation and persistence, helping to bring out the best in those around you
The role will be primarily based on site working with customers in the London and the South East. Please note, that this is with a consultancy and will be based on client’s sites. Whilst every effort is made to keep you local to home, some travel across the UK is inevitable and must be something you can live with.
This vacancy is advertised by Agile Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Agile Recruitment Ltd for contract and interim recruitment are those of an Employment Business and for permanent and fixed-term recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.