Embedded Software Engineer, Leicestershire.
We’re looking for committed and dedicated embedded software engineers for our client. The organisation is embarking on a period of expansion relating to the UK 5g roll out and is a great opportunity for anyone wishing to be at the leading edge of this exciting area.
You’ll be working on the development of signal processing application software to support in-house software defined radio hardware. Working with cutting edge silicon to develop a hardware platform supporting 5G gNodeB developments.
The role will be open to engineers of varying experience from grad level through to experienced but will require you to possess some experience in embedded software development for DSP hardware including NXP CodeWarrior (or equivalent TI or Xilinx products) and a competence in C on embedded platforms, but above all they are looking for an outstanding problem solver who is able to grasp new ideas as in this role you’ll be working on custom deployments that will not be run of the mill and you’ll often encounter new problems and will be developing new solutions.
Any experience / background in mathematical or Algorithmic design would be a benefit as would exposure with Matlab.
Duties and responsibilities of this role includes:
- DSP Software Specification
- Identifying requirements and architecting DSP functions
- Reviewing hardware requirements
- DSP Algorithm Design/Implementation
- Filter Design
- Adaptive processing design (e.g. DPD)
- Development and validation in MATLAB
- Conversion to NXP VSPA/Power Architecture
- Deployment on hardware
- Development of supporting ARM Linux utilities – Userspace control/triggering of DSP processes
- Test Specification – Providing test input for continuous integration
- Debugging – In system debugging of DSP with real data (RF)
- Control interfacing with Radio Front End hardware
- Optimisation of binaries based on latency requirements and processing availability
- Working with existing TI C66xx based applications
- Interface Specification
For further information please contact Grahame Morrison at Agile Recruit or click the apply button.