Location: Croydon (with travel)
The Solution Architect will be responsible for the design of applications and services to support the companies technology platform.
Our integrated information and visualisation platform, and is a key component of our service to support asset owning clients with the development of infrastructure and building digital twins.
This role will be key to the technical design, delivery and implementation of new and exciting solutions that enhance the platform.
- Take ownership of all high-level architecture activities to help support client initiatives
- Provide architecture/design leadership and oversight for all detailed design activities
- The ability to work at all levels of design conceptually, logically and physically when required.
- Take the lead on discovering, capturing, and documenting the needs of clients, and taking ownership of them throughout the delivery lifecycle
- Support the Enterprise Architect and development team ensuring solutions are delivered successfully.
- Contribute to continual improvement of the way we do architecture and maintaining architecture standards.
- Support solution delivery at both the infrastructure and application level
- Confident in dealing with large organisations
- Experience of the workings of the AECO industry
- A strong appetite to learn
- Determination required to introduce new technologies across a challenging landscape
- Highly productive in a busy working environment
- Strong project management skills and a track record of delivering technology-led projects in large organisations.
- A proven track record of selling and delivering technology solutions to organisations operating in the Built Environment
Job Skills & Knowledge (Essential)
- Extensive background in IT, with experience in Solution Architecture or Systems/Technical architecture
- Strong technical skills and implementation of Cloud based solutions
- Background in systems integration/client solution implementation using both open source and COTS solutions
- Knowledge of IT Development/Delivery frameworks such as Scrum, Agile and ITIL
- Knowledge of Data architectures and data modelling
- Knowledge of GIS systems and standards
- Experience of communication, roll out and training programmes
- Experienced problem-solver, capable of efficiently providing complex solutions and working in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Open to working in a rapidly growing SME business
- Good report writing and communication skills
- Able to maintain high productivity when out of the office environment
- Strong work ethic and highly versatile
- Must be eligible for a Security Clearance
Job Skills & Knowledge (Desirable)
- Background in software development (particularly Java)
- TOGAF Certified
- Knowledge of the construction industry
- Degree and / or Higher National qualifications related to Computer Science/Software Engineering as well as relevant professional qualification(s)
- Member of or working towards membership of a related industry recognised professional body