Technical Writer / Author home based in London
An exciting opening for a Technical Writer / Technical Author with a keen interest in video encoding, transcoding or video compression and audio technologies.
This position will find you participating in the development of new software products and working closely with engineering and product management to create product documentation, white papers and technology concepts that are easily understood by a broad audience.
Reviewing and completing documentation from engineers and creating release notes for products also forms part of the role.
Required skills for the Technical Writer:
- Native English speaker, German or Russian are a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A knowledge of REST APIs
- Experience documenting a transactional website or engineering software/ video or audio tech
- Knowledge of html or a programming language a bonus
- Experience with Doxygen
- Familiarity with specification-style documents
- Interest in Audio/Video technology (Video/Audio Editing)
- Familiarity with development tools like Version Control Systems and Bug Tracking
- Ability to work equally at an abstract level as well as with the details and communicate with both marketing and engineering teams
- Desire and ability to work in a team
- Professional initiative
- Work directly with off-shore engineering teams including some overlap with the UTC+7 time zone
- Manage and develop style-guides and documentation structure and organization
- Occasional travel to other office locations
If you have experience working in broadcast media, or would like an opportunity to work in this dynamic industry, then please send your CV today.