Cloud Development Engineer, Home based, AWS, DevOps, Cloud, Python, Kubernetes.
We are currently working with a household name who are looking to build a Cloud Transformation Team, and are looking to recruit a number of Cloud Development Engineers.
In these high-profile role you’ll join a new team which has been created to work on this digital transformation project. You’ll make major contributions to our clients cloud services, working closely with colleagues to support and implement automation for building state-of-the-art software and cloud infrastructure.
You’ll use your experience of owning large engineering projects to really make a difference. If this sounds like something you’d enjoy, we’d like to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing
- Driving improvements by building, deploying, and maintaining critical applications in a cloud environment
- Influencing and coaching wider teams to adopt cloud technologies, test driven development and continuous delivery
- Reviewing existing CI/CD pipelines and helping to onboard projects willing to use DevOps, Cloud
- Producing, reviewing, and enforcing best practices for using Cloud and other build/deployment tools
- Helping diagnose and solve issues when building/deploying onto OpenShift and AWS
- Designing and developing automation workflows
- Expertise of managing AWS Production Environments and applying SRE practices
- Groovy / Python skills
- A strong understanding and hands on experience with Gitlab, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible and Sonar
- Intermediate knowledge of Linux
- A deep understanding across the development cycle, being able contribute meaningfully to the full range of activities involved in the continuous delivery of a working service.
What else you need to know
The role works as part of a 24/7 team, so you’ll be on call on a rota basis (approximately 1 week per month).
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to know more, please send me a copy of your cv along with an indication of your availability and salary expectations and you will be contacted by return.