SQL DBA / Developer
Our established and growing consulting business are currently looking for an experienced SQL Developer / DBA to join their growing team. The business is seeing a significant period of growth due to the quality of the work they deliver and are looking for an individual who is an experienced SQL Server DBA but who has a thirst for developing their knowledge and capability into the latest Cloud and Data technologies.
The role initially needs you to be an experienced SQL Server DBA with the following experience:
- Significant hands-on experience of SQL server administration.
- Excellent all-round knowledge of SQL Server versions 2012 onwards.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL Server High Availability, Disaster Recovery and Replication technologies.
- Database backups and recovery models
- Management of database access and security
- Database performance tuning and maintenance
- Installation and upgrades of SQL Server instances to appropriate standards
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
In addition to the above and experience with Microsoft BI technologies (SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL), exposure to cloud technologies or experience with TIBCO Data Virtualization would be great.
This role requires individuals to undertake security clearance, though can commence with BPSS – however you must be willing to undertake SC Clearance (and be capable of achieving it). In addition the role will initially be based from sites in North West England and from home though please note, that this is with a consultancy and will be based on client’s sites. Whilst every effort is made to keep you local to home, some travel across the UK is inevitable and must be something you can live with.
This vacancy is advertised by Agile Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Agile Recruitment Ltd for contract and interim recruitment are those of an Employment Business and for permanent and fixed-term recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.